About Me

My photo
Divorced, 46 currently envolved in a r/l D/s realtionship.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Point of Enlightenment...

I have struggled with a few things... One being "safe words"... although I understand the importance of them. To this point I thought having them or using them might be a sign of distrust... I glanced at a blog today that put that in perspective for me. (thanks libby) It dawned on me that I might be looking at it as a sign of weakness on my part. Using a safe word.... would mean that I was disappointing Sir. In reality... I should look at it in another light... If I am indeed the most important possession that Sir has... I should be doing everything in my power to protect that possession. Thus allowing myself to take ownership of the safe word... protecting his prize possession from harm. To this point.... I have never had an occasion to need to use my safe word. However, in the back of my mind.. I have had doubts as to whether I would use it when my limits were pushed. I now feel it would be my responsibility to use it.


I had to borrow these... hummmm I might work to hard to be normal on occassion.. guess it is indeed overrated...

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting. -source unknown

My darling girl, when are you going to understand that normalcy is not necessarily a virtue, it rather denotes a lack of courage. -from the movie "Practical Magic,"

No comments:

Post a Comment